Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Piccolo

 
 
 
When I was a kid, a very young kid, one of my first books was Piccolo by Bettina.  Just Bettina, no idea whether it was a first or last name.  But when you are only four or five years old, that is the least of your worries when the fate of Piccolo was at hand. The action-packed plot about this donkey family centered (as you might have guessed) on Piccolo, the son.  He is discovered by a Hollywood agent, lured into becoming a movie star in Italy---of all places!  Spoiler alert:  he is reunited with his family back in the USA after a successful movie career.
 
So, it is with great joy that I am apparently once again crossing paths with my childhood pal, this time at the formal gardens of the Chateau in Leran.  OK, so he's not the real Piccolo, but he sure evokes alot of memories.  Every time Fergus and I walk by, he comes running up to his fenceline begging for attention.

 
 

2 comments:

Bill Minckler said...

Glad to see you made it bacl to Leran safely. I'm also reading a blog a friend started describing her experiences moving from Portland to Montreal. It's as if the whole world is turning French!

Anonymous said...

I too am glad to see that you made it back to Leran in one piece. How did Fergus do on your travels? I was sure impressed by his relaxed visit at our house. Am happy also to be reading your blog again. It's my form of travel these days. Judy Hess