Monday, January 18, 2010

On to Plan B (What is Plan B?)

Removing wallpaper and painting walls is about the most exciting thing we've been doing lately. I think the results are really nice but we look forward to spring and summer and working outside in the yard. Above is the newly furnished and painted dinning room, and below is the newly furnished and painted living room. Fergus hangs out near the fireplace, which is not a bad idea.
Look, a heating duct between the studs. I guess it should have been expected. But I was surprised.

We have a master plan which includes totally re-modeling the upstairs bathroom. Before we can do that, we have to add a shower to the downstairs bathroom, so that we have someplace to clean up while the upstairs bath is in transition. We had decided we could tuck a small shower under the staircase, and so we ripped into the wall, only to find a heating duct for the bathroom upstairs. Hmm. What to do? Stick with plan A or move on to Plan B. Move the duct or move the shower? We're waiting for a heating and plumbing professional to come and tell us what our options might be. Either way, it's going to be more complicated than we had originally planned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the color of the walls in the dining room...deep and rich. The living room is looking refreshed and comfortable to live in...I think I need to visit!

The bathroom....well....good luck!

We've had some really cold weather for the past few weeks...but today it's nearly 70...so I've got a case of early "spring fever"! I didn't want to go back to work after lunch...I wanted to run down to the beach! I can tell dangerous days are ahead!

Take care and enjoy your new home.

Luke

Peggy said...

Everything looks great. The paint colors are beautiful and the rooms look very comfortable and homey. You guys don't waste any time!