Today was supposed to be the day we closed on our new house in Montrose. Yesterday was supposed to be the day we closed on the sale of our place in Moab. None of it happened.
Our buyers, through no fault of their own, found themselves without the funding they had arranged for months earlier. The credit union association had picked last week to do an audit on 13 credit unions in Utah. Funding was frozen. Our sale and purchase were on hold. And as I write this, they still are. There are rumors that the funding may reappear at any moment. Until that happens, we are living in the land of limbo. Most everything except our toothbrushes are packed and ready to go. But there is nowhere to go.
Our buyers have scrambled to find alternative financing, both private and with other financial institutions, but it all takes time. A week ago, when we found out that everything was on hold, we were sure the entire sale would fall through. But now, I know it will happen. We just don't know when. Tentatively, we are set up to close on the 14th in Moab, and the 15th in Montrose. If the funds from the credit union re-appear, it may be sooner. Try arranging your movers with those parameters, not to mention your life.
It was a stressful week and we can hope the worst of the shit has already hit the fan. If it hasn't, were standing by with shovels.