Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Peas in a Pod

On our way to the Quillan market to visit the book exchange lady, I noticed this recent (at least from last summer) graffiti addition. I'm assuming Bush needs no introduction, and Sarko refers to Nicholas Sarkozy, the new President of France elected last May. After less than a year in office, his approval ratings have plummeted to percentages shared by those of the US president. My take is that the graffiti author recognizes the presidents in a two-peas-in-a-pod sort of way when he/she crafted the message "Sarko Bush are shit".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luke is curious about whether there is much coverage of the historic Hillary/Obama run for President in France. Is there any commentary on who the French/Europeans would have preferred or their expectations for the next President? I can't imagine that there would be much interest in McCain since he wants to continue the war in Iraq...or am I wrong?

Americans can be such a crazy group...I always wonder what others think of us!