Monday, June 23, 2008

A Cacophony of Colours













Whereas the market vendors are setting up their tables of wares, produce, gadgets, vracs of wine, pain, and mattresses and drap housse at the crack of dawn, marketeers are leisurely in arriving. On Monday mornings, the Mirepoix square undergoes a transformation. Elegant jewelry displays sit next to underwear racks; wispy scarves dangle and tease in a slight breeze; polished produce shines with mirror-like reflections; clucking chickens in cages capture attention of little children; and multitudes of tables of 1 Euro gadgets, too good to resist, lure even me.


I always come with a list to the market, but rarely fill it. I am too overwhelmed by the sights, sounds and smells. This morning it was the colors that captured my attention.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am definitely looking at the clothes I want to wear to the class reunion...I would be so "fashion forward" in my French finery! Everyone would be so jealous! WOW!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Murz...it seems like ages since I've seen her! When are Gary and Rachael going to visit? I think you should put Gary to work painting a mural or something! HA!

Catch you later.

Anonymous said...

test

Anonymous said...

More beautiful pictures! Some of these clothes are either so fashion forward or backward that I can't seem to identify the era. Tres Interesant!
Amy