Thursday, May 19, 2011

We Left for France and I Forgot the Key to the House



That's right. I drove all the way from Montrose to Denver, spent a few days with my sister, and only on the way to the airport did I remember that something had been left behind. The key to the house. In all of our preparations for travel, airline reservations, packing, arrranging for Fergus, I never bothered to put the key into my luggage. As luck would have it, we were able to call Bill and Sally on the way to the Denver Airport and ask them to drop a key by the house. Thankfully they were home, had a key and could drop it by. I had a real moment of panic imagining how to break into our own house with zero tools at hand. And that's why you will now see this on our door. It's a small key safe and if you know the combination, you can get in the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you realized that the key was missing while it was still relatively simple to fix the situation!

There's never a dull moment with you two, is there?

Take care.